teletypeturtle's words are brought to you by Zip, the little green lovebird, and the letter R
Phoning for pizza, the total-surveillance way
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
The ACLU has a creepy and cool Flash video illustrating the future of a "total-surveillance" society if we don't get some better privacy legislation enacted.
If you've never heard of "Choose Your Own Adventure" books, turn to page 38. Otherwise, click over to Uncyclopedia and play The Game . And waste some more time while you're there, too, fooling around with Zork . Not the original Zork, mind you, but a twisted, bent, Uncyclopedized Zork. Add your own screen if you like. Just watch out for the grue.
Yesterday morning I picked up the newspaper outside my door and saw this: Woah, hold onto your brains! Zombie Crisis in the Vatican! Anyway, after I took it out of the wrapper, the full picture emerged. Don't things like this make you wonder if the people doing front-page layout are awake, asleep, or trying to make us spit our coffee all over the paper?
I can't believe that a school suspended an eight-year-old kid for speaking his own version of the Pledge of Allegiance . His version: I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United Federation of Planets, and to the galaxy for which it stands, one universe, under everybody, with liberty and justice for all species. Seriously. He's eight. He likes Star Trek. This deserves suspension? The mother reports that the teacher said the following in response to the boy's so-called misbehavior: "Mrs. Jaworski. This isn't humorous. The Pledge is an extremely important and patriotic moment each morning in the classroom. I am ashamed of your son's behavior, and I hope you are, too." Is Big Brother in charge of this school? Are we now training children to be patriotic at all costs? WTF? This story via BoingBoing .
Comments