There goes the neighborhood

On Friday morning as I was driving to work, I saw not one, but two Hummers ahead of me at the traffic light where I turn to get on the road that gets me to I-4. The white one was turning left with me; the black one was going straight.

So I wondered: what does it feel like, to have such a need to drive a larger vehicle than everyone else that you drop an excess of funds on a Hummer, only to pull up to the traffic light and find yourself elbow-to-elbow with another Hummer driver? Are you, well, ordinary again?

Comments

What is it they say? Clearly overcompensating for something? And then by falsely inflating the ego, only to sit there and realize that they're not so special, and they're still out $300 for a tank of gas...

Popular posts from this blog

A "Pope of the Living Dead" Moment

What future? I don't even wear a watch.

Now reading: Sophie's World