October 04, 2004

Visiting the Elder One

ZipIt took me a long time to peck out this post with my beak.

Last weekend my family left me alone to guard the house and went to visit the Elder One of the flock. She is 95 years old and it was the anniversary of her hatch day. <squeak!>

I am 13 and I feel old already. I am no spring lovebird anymore.

While they were gone, it got dark and stormy. I was really happy when they came home a little early so I wasn't alone. It was another one of those darn hurricanes. Teletypeturtle sat next to me and gave me pets, and it made me feel better. I love my family.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does all of this pecking hurt?

Just wondering since a plastic keyboard is harder than most of your furniture and food (unless its prepared by Teletypeturtle).

Zip said...

My beak is powerful. I beak every puny thing into submission. <chirp!>

teletypeturtle said...

Hey! I resemble that remark.